Posted in Other Homework, Reflections, School Stuff, Writing

Valedictory Speech

As a part of finishing primary school, all the year 6 students were required to write and present a valedictory speech. Brynn’s speech was chosen as the best way to sum up 7 years at MPPS, so she got to read out her speech at the graduation ceremony. Here is my valedictorian speech:

Hello year 6s, parents and teachers. Welcome to Year 6 graduation for 2017.

I’m Ella, and I’m the Valedictorian for tonight. I’m up here representing every single one of the graduates, saying our thankyous and our goodbyes.

Wow. What a journey primary school has been. We have grown, learned and developed so much within the walls of Moonee Ponds Primary School. We’ve made it from Prep, when we were MPCS, all the way to year 6, where we are proudly representing MPPS. Every single day that we have spent in the classrooms, working hard, has led up to tonight. Graduation.

We wouldn’t be here tonight if it wasn’t for the wonderful MPPS community. Teachers, parents, and of course the students! Learning wouldn’t be possible without our teachers. They have taught us everything that we will need to know next year, and have prepared us for life. Pretty much nothing would be possible without our supportive parents. They have put up with us through the years, and given us the support, help and motivation that we have needed. And last but definitely not least, our fellow graduates. Although teachers do most of the teaching, our friends and classmates have taught us so many social skills and shaped us into who we are today. Thank you to the MPPS community for helping us develop and learn.

So many memories have been created here. Excursions, camps, there have been countless times when we have just gotten together as a group and had a laugh. I’m sure no one can forget the huge storm on year 3 camp that seemed to come out of nowhere. When we look back on that crazy day at Camp Currumbene, we can share lots of stories and memories.  And when the ‘alien’ came to the school in prep, and how we actually believed it was real!? We can all look back on how small and cute we were, and see how much we have changed. Some more recent memories, for example, Camp Bridgewater. I’m sure that we can all remember the talent show and that long walk up that huge hill that exhausted us.

We’ve had our 3 school fetes over the years, and participated in 3 school productions at the Clocktower.

Loads of memories have been made here. It’s going to be hard to leave.

Every single one of us year 6s is different, unique and special in our own way. We have all contributed to making our primary school experience different. This cohort of kids is incredible; Indigo, and her passion for reading. Ty, who is so fast and has gotten our school into divisionals and regionals many times. Martin and Nicholas, for their love of computers and technology. It would take way too long for me to name everyone’s unique passion- we could go on all night.

Tonight, we graduate. 7 years of school, all leading to this one night. The night where we say goodbye to this wonderful school, and take so many precious memories of it with us. We have grown so much here at Moonee Ponds Primary School. But as we go to high school, we are going to get so many opportunities to do the things we are really passionate about. So I’m going to end my speech with a quote from Dr Seuss.

‘You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.’

Thankyou.

Author:

Shout out to my besties: Mietta, Tara, Anna, Stella, Sarah, Charli, Tiana!!!!!!!!! ????????????